Today we are beginning the Count of Monte Cristo! We’re starting with a lot of historical background so that we can understand why the characters behave as they do.
Here is a basic background guide (CMC Schema Study Guide).
Here is tonight’s homework (The French Revolution and Art Notes).
You will need to watch Crash Course: The French Revolution to be able to answer the questions:
You will also need to do an Internet search to look at the images (search for them using the title). (I’m not able to upload them to the website right now for some reason).
The first CMC reading guide will be due on Thursday (CMC Reading Guide 1).
Some very important information about our upcoming field trip to Chinatown on Wednesday:
- If you are NOT going on the field trip, you should report to Ms. Newton’s room (140, by the elevator on the first floor) at the beginning of your English class period.
- For everyone else – go to your first period class at the usual time on Wednesday. Ask your teacher to let you leave at 8:15 AM. DO NOT BRING YOUR BACKPACK OR YOUR LAPTOP. Leave those at school or at home.
- Meet the buses at the South Rice side of the school.
- Here is the system of bus assignments:
- Ms. Chapman’s Period 3 – Bus #3
- Ms. Chapman’s Period 4 – Buses #1 and #3 (make sure you know which bus you are going on!)
- Ms. Chapman’s Period 6 – Bus # 5
- Ms. Chapman’s Period 7 – Bus #1
- If you have a special dietary need, we will have food for you at lunch – but you are responsible for telling your waiter what you cannot eat since we won’t have assigned seating.
- We will return to school around 2:30 PM. Report to your 7th period. If you do not attend, you will be marked as truant.
- Ask your teachers today and tomorrow what you will be missing. See if you can get any assignments you need ahead of time. Be very polite!