We began today by reading Keats’s “La Belle Dame Sans Merci” and practicing answering some multiple choice questions. Then we took a look at Dracula, Chapter 15 (Dracula Reading Guide – Chapter 15). Please make sure that you have finished Vocab.com and are ready for your quiz on Monday (which will also include infinitives).
We had a few different things going on today!
- We recapped some of the most important developments from Chapter 13 and looked at some of the most challenging passages.
- We learned about infinitives (infinitiveworksheet) — these will be on your quiz on Monday.
- We began reading Chapter 14 together (Dracula Reading Guide – Chapter 14).
Please make sure that you have finished Vocabulary.com before Sunday night!
Welcome back from Spring Break! We postponed our quiz until tomorrow to give people a little chance to get back into the swing of things. Today we looked at Chapter 11 (Dracula Reading Guide – Chapter 11) together and discussed the questions on the reading guides.
A couple of reminders:
- We will have our first Dracula vocab quiz on Monday — study up!
- Your Dracula 1 Vocab.com is due by Sunday night.
- The reading guide for Chapter 5 (Dracula Reading Guide – Chapter 5) will be due on Monday, but I think that we were able to finish most of it together in class today.
Today we continued to discuss Dracula (Dracula Reading Guide – Chapter 4 — due tomorrow) and practiced composing sentences using appositives. Remember that we’re watching Dracula Untold tomorrow after school!
We spent all of today looking at Dracula — please finish the reading guide for Chapter 3 (Dracula Reading Guide – Chapter 3) by tomorrow.
Today we spent all class talking about Dracula — we discussed the first chapter, looked at the depictions of Dracula in film over the course of the past century, and then listened to part of the audiobook for Chapter 2 (the reading guide for that is due tomorrow — Dracula Reading Guide – Chapter 2).
Today we had our exam over our unit on The Hot Zone. Homework is the first Dracula reading guide, due tomorrow (Dracula Reading Guide – Chapter 1). Please check out the Dracula section of the website for some helpful resources!