Happy Thanksgiving Break! 🙂
Today we considered a reinterpretation of of The Count of Monte Cristo through visual media. Homework for over the break is the next CMC reading guide (CMC Reading Guide 5)
Please also remember to study for your vocabulary quiz!
Today we worked on talking about CMC Vocabulary List 2 — please make sure that you study that in preparation for your quiz the Monday that we return!
Please take these two surveys:
- a reflection on your vocabulary quiz from Monday (scores are now in Gradespeed)
- a survey about what kinds of study abroad opportunities you would be interested in
We spent all of the rest of class today discussing The Count of Monte Cristo. Homework — due Friday — is the next reading guide (CMC Reading Guide 4).
Today in class students finished their CMC stations — that document needs to be turned into Google Classroom by 11:59 on Wednesday night.
CMC Reading Guide 3 is due tomorrow in class, and you will have a reading check over it.
If you didn’t get the second reading guide on Friday because you were absent, here it is (CMC Reading Guide 2).
Today students took their vocabulary quiz and a reading check. Homework (due Wednesday) is the next CMC reading guide (CMC Reading Guide 3).
My baby and I have both caught whatever is going around, so we’re shuffling a few things. The movie is postponed until next week, and we’ll finish the stations next week. You’ll turn in RG 1 along with RG 2 to me on Monday. Today with the substitute you should only be reading.
Tonight’s homework was the first Count of Monte Cristo reading guide (CMC Reading Guide 1), and students had the entire period to work on that, so hopefully you got a large portion of it finished it class. Remember that we’re watching Marie Antoinette after school tomorrow!
A few announcements:
- We will have an extra credit movie Friday after school — it’s Marie Antoinette, and it should give you some good background for The Count of Monte Cristo. You should be finished by 6:00 PM.
- The books were delayed, but they should be getting in tomorrow. Consequently, there is no homework for tonight, but you will have a big chunk of reading tomorrow. To help with that, all of tomorrow in class will be dedicated to reading — you can bring a blanket and a snack if you would like.
- You can also earn some extra credit by attending Bellaire Theatre’s performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Please bring your ticket stub and take a picture of yourself there.
In class today, we went over the first CMC vocabulary list — your quiz on Monday will only be over those words (no grammar!). With the remaining time, students continued to work on the stations from yesterday.
Today in class students worked on some stations for building background for our next novel, The Count of Monte Cristo. You can see that assignment in Google Classroom; there is no homework for tonight!
On Monday, students took their last JLC vocabulary quiz. Homework was to listen to the podcast in this document and answer these questions (CMC Fictional Podcast).