Today in class, we will:
- Turn in and highlight Hunger Games essays.
- Take the Scholastic Reading Inventory to determine your reading level.
- Talk about homework, which is to read the first 13 pages of The Little Prince.
Here is a pdf of The Little Prince: The Little Prince
And here is your homework for tonight: The Little Prince Rose Metaphors
If you were absent today or did not have your computer, you need to make up the Scholastic Reading Inventory on your own time. Here are instructions for how to do it:
How to Take the Scholastic Reading Inventory:
- Open Chrome.
- Go to https://houston.itslearning.com
- Log in using your student ID (a long number with an S at the beginning – if you do not know this, see me). If you have a Gradespeed account, your password will be the same thing. If you do not have a Gradespeed account, your password will be your birthday – MMDDYYYY. (*Note – it will be all four digits of the year.)
- Go to More.
- Go to Digital Resources.
- Go to ELA.
- Click “Scholastic Reading Inventory.”
- You will need to log in again. This time, your ID will be the same, but your password will be your birthday in the form of MMDDYY (only the last two digits of your birth year).
- Begin taking the test. It is very important that you do your best job on this test. Students who score poorly may need extra tutorials and work.
Make sure that you complete it entirely on your own – no parent assistance allowed!