To reward those of you who check the website regularly, I’m going to make the strong suggestion that you review these items in particular in preparation for your quiz on Monday:
- Be able to identify nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs within a sentence.
- Know what a common noun is.
- Know what a definite article is.
- Know what conjugation means.
- Know what first-person plural looks like.
- Know what tense is.
- Know what past tense looks like.
- Know what consistency of tense means.
- Know what subject-verb agreement means.
- Know what a modifier is.
- Know the rules for making comparative and superlative adjectives, depending on the number of syllables in the adjective.
- Know when you should use commas to separate strings of adjectives.
- Know what writers should keep in mind when deciding whether to use adjectives or adverbs.
- Know what parts of speech an adverb can modify.
I think that making a study guide for yourself focusing on these items would be a very smart way to prepare for the quiz. Hint, hint, HINT.
You must be logged in to post a comment.