Today students wrote an in-class essay using the following prompt for a major grade:
If you were absent, please come make this up Friday during lunch tutorials.
Also as a reminder, students who made less than a 70 on the CMC exam may take a retake for up to a 70 on Friday during lunch.
Homework for tonight was the following:
Homework – Reviewing The Count of Monte Cristo
- Log on to your Goodreads.com account.
- Find the version of the book that we read by searching for its ISBN (0553213504).
- Add the book to your “Read” list and give it between one and five stars.
- Write a review of the book. Your review should:
- be approximately 200 to 300 words – one, two, or three sentences is not sufficient
- lead with a short summary of the plot (but no spoilers!) so that potential readers will have a sense of what the book is about
- include discussion of both the strengths and the weakness of the book
- mention anything special that the reader might want to watch out for or keep in mind to be able to better appreciate the book
- be professionally composed – no excess of positive or negative emotion (extraneous exclamation marks, words like “love,” “hate,” “boring”), proper use of grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
- Print off your review from the Goodreads website after you have posted it and turn it in to me on Thursday, February 12.
*Hint – if you are not sure what a good review should look like, read some of the most helpful reviews on the website.