Today we had our last reading guide for In Cold Blood!
I told you guys about the test we’re having on Monday – here’s that study guide:
In Cold Blood Exam Study Guide
Be familiar with…
- the major characters, and their roles in the book.
- the timeline of the murders.
- the nature of Perry and Dick’s relationship.
- Dick and Perry’s backgrounds.
- Dick and Perry’s actions prior to and after the murders.
- the major steps in the investigation, prosecution, and execution of Dick and Perry.
- the effects of the murders on the community of Holcomb.
- Capote’s writing style (narration, literary devices).
Be able to…
- analyze passages from the book for subtle insights into characters, conflict, and action.
- make thematic comparisons between In Cold Blood and other literary works.
- use context clues to determine the meaning of unfamiliar words.
- understand the meaning of vocabulary words from the ICB – Section 3 list.
I also gave you guys a practice set of a reading passage and questions, similar to what you’re going to see on the test. Come get a copy from me if you weren’t there, since I don’t have an electronic version.
We started a digital collage project on the death penalty, as it relates to ICB. Here are those instructions:
That project is due on Tuesday. You will have all of tomorrow to work on it.
As a reminder, I’ll be at a training with the other freshman English teachers tomorrow. Please help one another out with technology-related questions. I know you’ll get lots of great work done!