I will be out today, Friday, April 11 for a professional development training. Here is what I would like for you to work on during the day’s class:
1. Read Nimona, a long webcomic (it should take you about half an hour to get through everything that has been published so far) here:
On a sheet of notebook paper, answer the question “Is Blackheart really a villian?” in SAR style.
2. Continue working on your graphic novel review.
3. Work on memorizing your poem.
Do not give the substitute your poem or try to sign up for a date! You can only sign up with me on Monday.
I hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Today students had time to continue working on their graphic novel reviews and their poems. Homework for tonight was to make a comic based on one of the works of literature that we have read this year. Here are those instructions:
Draw a comic about one of the works of literature we have read this year. Your comic must include:
- Frames of different sizes and gutters
- A shift in perspective (not the same scene in every panel)
- One of the following: captions or sound effects
Your comic will be graded on:
- Humor: Is there a punchline?
- Relevance to the literary work
- Detail and development (you don’t have to be a great artist, but you do need to elaborate and make an effort, just as you do when writing)
English 1 Pre-AP Works (So Far):
- The Hunger Games
- The Most Dangerous Game
- The Cask of Amontillado
- St. Lucy’s Home for Girls Raised by Wolves
- The Pearl
- Malcolm Gladwell books
- The Odyssey
- The Count of Monte Cristo
- In Cold Blood
- The Glass Castle